1. 2ND ROYAL CULTURE FESTIVAL 2016
This spring of 2016, the royal palaces of the Joseon Dynasty are being opened to the public with a variety of educational and experience programs. Marking its second anniversary, the Royal Palace Festival draws on the spirit of the Joseon palaces and their time-honored history to creatively reinterpret royal culture for public enjoyment. The tangible and intangible legacies of royal culture are enhanced through sophisticated technologies and modern aesthetics producing and showcashing novel/cultural content about the royal palaces. A ten-day exploration of the royal court culture of the Joseon Dynasty is unfolding before us.
- Subject : Today, We meet the palace
- Period : 2016. 04. 29(Fri) ~ 2016. 05. 08(Sun) (* Opening Ceremony: 2016. 4. 29(Fri) 19:00, Area in front of Heungnyemun Gate of Gyeongbokgung Palace)
- Place : Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace, Changgyeonggung Palace, Deoksugung palace , Jongmyo
2. Yeon Deung Hoe (Lotus Lantern Festival)
Yeon Deung Hoe (Lotus Lantern Festival) is a thousand-year old Korean folk festival. It began in the Shilla Period and lasted through the Goryeo and Joseon periods to its full grandeur of modern times.
Exhibition of Traditional Lanterns
Please come see the meticulously crafted and exquisite lanterns made of hanji, traditional handmade Korean paper made from mulberry bark.Each lantern tells its own story with its warm, cheerful light.
- Day : May 6(Fri) ~ May 15(Sun)
- Location : Jogye-sa temple, Cheonggyecheon stream
3. C – Festival
There are lots of festivals, but isn’t it hard to find the festival which fits you?Are you looking for the festival which you can enjoy with your friends, as a couple, or as a family?This is C-Festival, it has all the best festivals in the center of Seoul, so everyone can enjoy while getting together. The Coex MICE (MICE) 2016 which covers the parade / concert / exhibition convention is a festival for all of us.
Subject : Enjoy the best festival in the center of Seoul; Gangnam!
Period : 2016. 05. 04(we) ~ 2016. 05. 08(Sun)
Place : 513 Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Main program : C-Parade(5/5) / K-POP(5/8)